Monday, November 7, 2016

Big Day Tomorrow

It is time to visit my hair stylist and deal with this hair loss thing. I guess I am lucky that I started out with enough hair for at least two people. The problem is that I have seriously thinned out all over and one of those poor people has lost all of their hair! Isn’t it funny how we choose our hairstyles?  I have kept my hair long and straight because that is the best style with the least fuss for me. Having to change that hair style is a bit of a bummer.

I have to smile. All summer when I was so very ill my hair looked wonderful. This fall, now that I am feeling so much better my hair is falling out. There’s justice for you! The doctors are unsure about the reasons for this hair loss.  They seem to think it is not the Rituxan and Methotrexate combination, although they have prescribed a slow-release folic acid tablet for once a week in addition to the daily dose I have been taking for years.

Pretty much any actions are too little and too late for my hair. I have lost so much that even if it does come back I will be an oddity with short on top and long hair down my back. Thus, the trip to the stylist. If my hair can’t be its beautiful self, it has to be changed. Who knows, it may all fall out before this journey comes to an end! Ugh! I posted a “long ago” picture from 40 years ago just for cheering up purposes.  FYI, the “old hair” still looks (looked) pretty much the same.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment