Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The 2016 RA in America Survey

RA patients, be sure to take the 2016 RA in America Surveyfrom RheumatoidArthritis.net.  While you are on their web site, have a quick look see at last year’s survey results for RA in America 2015, a very interesting read indeed.

When I was writing the opening line to this post, I wasn’t happy using the term “patients” for everyone who suffers from this chronic disease named RA.  Being the curious type, I went online to thesaurus.com looking for a synonym that might work better. OMG.  I think I chose the best word given the other possibilities: case, inmate, subject, sufferer, victim, convalescent, emergency, invalid, outpatient, shut-in or sick person. Yow.

After you finish the survey, take a quick trip over to Carla Kienast’s blog and respond to her pop quiz about the word you used in the survey to describe your RA. The range of words describing people’s experiences and impression of RA is right on point.  

I took the survey and my one word answer decribing my RA was discouraging.  Today is a not-so-discouraging day, which makes it a good day.  

Happy Wednesday!
Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment