Sunday, July 17, 2016

Back in the Flower Garden Again … FINALLY

Well, this week has been a much better week.  The best thing is that I find myself back in the flower gardens once again.  I have been hand-watering the flower beds and hanging plants with the hose every morning.  Guess that is my morning workout!  I do have to sit down about halfway through the process and catch my breath.  Never mind that, though, it is wonderful just to be back out doing a routine daily task every morning. I have even pulled some weeds, which is even more fun in a strange sort of way.

Per my picture and photos in previous posts, you can see that I like nasturtiums. For some reason, they grow really well here in Colorado for me and take over their pot or flower bed location on a regular basis throughout the summer. Who can resist a plant that does so well in this arid and challenging climate at 7500 feet of altitude? Too much fun.

This is a transition week for me with some things (but not too many things) to do, including jury duty.  As I continue to breathe better and move around more, my spirits rise accordingly. The RA flare still cycles from “so so” to really bad, but that was an expected outcome of the transition between biologics.  Fingers crossed that I am healthy enough for my first Rituxan infusion about two weeks from now. Looks like that will be the case unless something changes and surprises me.

I am working hard at sleeping better.  The afternoon naps are no longer allowed in the hopes I will sleep better at night.  Waking up after three or four hours of sleep and then getting back to sleep again is tough to overcome but I am trying. I read an article talking about how your body is active with oxygen during that time and that if you have lung issues you may very well awaken in distress and be unable to settle back to sleep.  I have no idea if this is really true, but as an explanation is sure fits the situation.

Funny how you miss the routine things you do as part of your life when you are feeling poorly. I suppose we all get used to those routine activities and forget that we ever missed them.  Guess that is okay, although I am going to try and remember what it was like to be seriously ill for six weeks of my summer and appreciate the little things more.

Here’s hoping tomorrow is another good day!

Susan
SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday was my lucky day. My number was not called up so I got to stay home instead, hooray! Could not have happened at a better time as I limp my way towards my first Rituxan infusion next Wednesday morning.

    ReplyDelete