Monday, July 25, 2016

Are We There Yet? Not Quite …

Here I sit on this beautiful Monday morning, counting down the days to my first Rituxan infusion on Wednesday.  Almost there, almost there. I am curious what it is like to undergo such a long infusion process after the relatively quick (2 hour) experience of Remicade infusions. I am wondering what it is like to have to have IV steroids, antihistamines and analgesics as part of the infusion process and how much they help the recipient.  I am worried about why the extra stuff is needed and a bit concerned about the possible side effects or complications of this medication.  Ah well, all questions will be answered on Wednesday this week.

Last week has been my best week since I got sick at the beginning of the summer.  Breathing is better and overall lung health is very much improved as the pleurisy continues to clear out.  If I wasn’t in a permanent RA flare sans any infusion meds in my system, I would be very chipper. 

The very best thing has been driving my car (her name is Sylvia, bestowed upon her by my mother) again and getting out and about.  Isn’t it funny how the little things mean so much?  It is great to do errands, run out for coffee, or pick up a grandchild whenever I want to or whenever required.  I saw a friend in passing yesterday and was delighted to wave to her from the window of my car. These little freedoms are easy to forget in the hubbub of daily life, but you really miss them when they are gone from your daily hubbub.

Never a dull moment.  Almost there!


Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment